[vdr] CAM auto resetting - feature request??

Simon Baxter linuxtv at nzbaxters.com
Thu Dec 23 00:14:02 CET 2010

> hello Klaus,
>
> I tried the patch below with a knc1 dvb-c, tt c1500 and tt connect ct-3650
> I used a alphacrypt light and I also tried the classic module
>
> always the same behavior - if I zap from encrypted channel to encrypted
> channel in some situations vdr says "channel not available"
> if I reset the cam manually it works again immediately
> I also tried vdr 1.4 with my old tt ff c2300 and I had no problems
>
> maybe its a general vdr 1.7.x cam handling problem
>
> any idea - what I can do or test to identify where the problem is?
>
> thanks

I had assumed this was due to some problem with CAM keys from the provider
expiring, or something.  I still intermittantly get "channel not available",
but haven't found any way to recreate the problem at will.

I also occasionally have a CAM crash - where the status in goes from
"ALPHACRYPT" to "CAM PRESENT" or "CAM READY".  A manual reset (or multiple)
fixes this, but I get no decryption during a "crash".

...problems I've had to live with for months.  Gave up asking and installed
an FTA satellite dish for 50% of my mostly watched channels.