[vdr] xine ui - small black bar on top

Simon Baxter linuxtv at nzbaxters.com
Thu Dec 23 09:49:43 CET 2010

>> Hi
>>
>> I'm intermittantly getting a 1cm black bar at the top of the screen in
>> xine.
>>
>> I'm using vdr-xine version 0.9.3 with xine-lib-1.2, with a standard
>> xine-ui front end and vdr-1.7.16.
>>
>> The black bar has a small white verticle line on the far right. Other
>> than pushing the whole picture down 1cm, it has no other effect.
>>
>> When X first starts, and xine launches, the black bar isn't there. If I
>> exit the xine front end and restart (without restarting vdr) it appears
>> and won't go until X restarts again.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>

> I'm guessing here that your window manager loads after the first time
> xine-ui loaded and that your xine-ui is not in fullscreen mode. Try
> double clicking (left button) on the screen to see if that makes it go
> away? Or have a look at the place where xine-ui is called from. To see
> if the fullscreen parameter was added.

Not quite.

1. My window manager (fluxbox) starts.
2. I then manually start xine with:
xine --no-splash -Bfpqg --hide-gui -r anamorphic -V
xv -Dtvtime:method=Greedy2Frame,cheap_mode=0,pulldown=0,use_progressive_frame_flag=1
 --post vdr_video --post vdr_audio vdr://tmp/vdr-xine/stream#demux:mpeg_pes
xine-ui starts fine with no black bars
3. I kill the xine process (above), or hit CTRL-C (either)
4. manually start xine 2. above
xine-ui starts, but the single black 1cm bar at the top of the fullscreen
xine is visible

any more thoughts?