[vdr] Request: E parameter in channels.conf for epg scan

Jochen Dolze vdr at dolze.de
Mon Dec 27 13:07:31 CET 2010

Am 12.12.2010 16:19, schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
> Hmm, I see.
> So how about changing cEIT in such a way that it never overwrites
> any events in a schedule if the first existing event in that schedule
> has a table id of 0?

There are three usecases for adding EPG-Data:

1. Using EIT-EPG as it is
2. Adding Information to existing EIT-EPG and setting table id to 0 to
prevent overwrites of the new Information (often only Shorttext)
3. Adding complete new EPG from other sources and prevent EIT-EPG to
fill tables with noepg-patch

With your proposed solution, i'm not able to add informations to
existing events, cause i cannot tag the event with table id 0 to prevent
overwrites, instead tagging with table id 0 will stop adding EIT-EPG.

It would be nice, to have a solution where all three usecases are
usable. Today we only have two, with the ugly noepg-patch all of them.

Or, we just set te tableid to -1 (if thats possible) to indicate "stop
adding EIT-EPG", 0 "stop overwrite event", >0 "do what you want"

Regards

    Jochen