[vdr] vdr htpc + xine = dropped frames warning

Jiri Dobry jdobry at centrum.cz
Sat Feb 6 11:54:21 CET 2010

Hello,

Dropped frames with xine/xineliboutput + vdr is real problem.
And suppress warning messages is not solution. Dropped frames is
visible. Sometimes less, sometime more.

This steps little help:
Option "TripleBuffer" "true"  in xorg.conf in Screen section

In xine configuration file:
video.processing.ffmpeg_pp_quality:0
video.processing.ffmpeg_skip_loop_filter:all
engine.decoder_priorities.vdpau_h264:1
engine.decoder_priorities.vdpau_mpeg12:1
engine.decoder_priorities.vdpau_mpeg12:1

Disable VSYNC synchronization will reduce CPU usage dramaticaly to 0-8%
on mpeg2/h264, with small effect to dropped frames:
xvattr -a XV_SYNC_TO_VBLANK -v 0

If you have AMD/integrated graphic, force minimum frequency for scaller
to 1.8Ghz, it have bandwidth problem:
echo 1800000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq

During 4 month I was try everything. Over 20 different version of
xinelib, over 20 version of ffmpeg, 4 different computers. Nothing was
100% solution.

I was try to create thread on nvnews server, but sometime I thing tha I
am alone who is able too see this problem.
(http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2134207)

Jiri