[vdr] vdr-1.7.12 & folders.conf

Rolf Ahrenberg rahrenbe at cc.hut.fi
Sat Feb 6 17:13:18 CET 2010

On Sat, 6 Feb 2010, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> On 06.02.2010 12:27, Halim Sahin wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Just my opinion about the problem:
>> The fat filesystem has many limitations and I vote for dropping special
>> support for it in VDR because if someone wants to use a windows system,
>> he/she can use ntfs which works fine in current distributions (ntfs-3g).
>> Just my 2 Cents.
>
> I would do that in a heartbeat - but I guess that would cause
> a huge flame war... ;-)

Without VFAT-option I encountered huge problems with my Samba shares and
FAT32 formatted USB sticks, so I'm against dropping this feature. :)

Anyway back to real problem, my original idea was to add an extra "/"
cMenuFolderItem object into NestedItemList in cMenuFolder constructors,
or you could always easily assign a new key short cut to reset the
folder (i.e. k0).

BR,
--
rofa