[vdr] vdr-1.7.12 & folders.conf

VDR User user.vdr at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 20:23:31 CET 2010

On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 3:27 AM, Halim Sahin <halim.sahin at t-online.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> Just my opinion about the problem:
> The fat filesystem has many limitations and I vote for dropping special
> support for it in VDR because if someone wants to use a windows system,
> he/she can use ntfs which works fine in current distributions (ntfs-3g).
> Just my 2 Cents.
> Halim

Forcing people to change their servers by dropping _already existing_
support doesn't seem like the best way to handle it?  There may be
reasons they can't/don't use ntfs, though I'd rather not speculate
what-if's.  Another option could be to take a poll and if it's obvious
dropping fat support isn't such a big deal, then bye bye fat.