[vdr] subtitles on BBC live shows or the news

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at tvdr.de
Sun Feb 7 16:47:22 CET 2010

On 25.01.2010 08:21, André Weidemann wrote:
> Hi,
> I recently noticed that subtitle decoding on BBC stations for live
> broadcasts such as football or the news is not working very well.
>
> The subtitles, are barely readable. The words are often displayed
> separately and are erased before the entire sentence is drawn. It looks
> the same with vdr-1.6.0 and vdr-1.7.11.
>
> Could this be a bug in the SPU decoder?

I assume this is a special mode of broadcasting subtitles,
where the text transmitted as it is typed in.

I tried to figure out how to fix/implement this, but I'm
afraid my knowledge of how this whole subtitle stuff works
is too limited.

Maybe somebody with more knowledge of this can provide a fix.

Klaus