[vdr] H264 syncearly patch

Reinhard Nissl rnissl at gmx.de
Mon Feb 15 00:20:45 CET 2010

Hi,

Am 14.02.2010 23:49, schrieb Rob Davis:
> I am in the process of moving from 1.6.0 to 1.7.12 to test the pvrinput
> plug with a Hauppauge-PVR-HD.
> With 1.6.0 and the h264-syncearly patch I got  a nice picture but no
> audio..
>
> With 1.7.12 I can get audio but no picture.  I thought h264 support was
> built in already to 1.7.12, but I maybe wrong.  If not, where can I find
> an up to date patch for this?
>
> The old 1.7.0-h264-syncearly patch doesn't seem to work cleanly..

In 1.6.x, cVideoRepacker was responsible to detect H.264 vs.
MPEG2 (cannot tell why audio doesn't work in your case).

In 1.7.x, cChannel provides this information (vtype). So it looks
like pvrinput doesn't provide the information or channels in a
way that vtype gets set to H.264.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl