[vdr] analogtv plugin with HVR-1800

L. Hanisch dvb at flensrocker.de
Thu Feb 18 21:12:58 CET 2010

Am 18.02.2010 18:54, schrieb Timothy D. Lenz:
> As anyone tried using the analogtv plugin with an HVR-1800 on
> vdr-1.7.12? And does it interfere with the atsc plugin since both would
> be using the same tuner? I've been told that analog mode does work with
> this card with tvtime, so I was thinking of giving it a try. The card is
> supposed to be able to tune both atsc and ntsc, plus it has video/audio
> inputs.

  This is a hybrid tuner, right? Since the vdr and the analogtv doesn't coordinate their access on the device, I doubt
it will work.
  Also it has build in a MPEG2 encoder, the right plugin would be pvrinput, but currently, the HVR-1800 is not
supported. Recently I added support for the HD PVR, but I don't know how complicated it would be, to support the
HVR-1800 as well. Especially because of the hybrid tuner. The two vdr devices "dvbdevice" and "pvrdevice" has to share
the same hardware. There's no infrastructure for this at the moment...

Lars.