[vdr] 10 Year Anniversary of VDR

Petri Helin phelin at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 22 12:10:22 CET 2010

On 02/19/2010 06:09 PM, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> It has been exactly 10 years since version 0.01 of VDR (originally
> named "OSM" - On Screen Menu) was released.
>
> I want to use the occasion to thank everybody who has contributed
> to VDR, but also those who simply use VDR in their every day life.
> I for one couldn't imagine watching tv without VDR any more. Special
> thanks go to the people running the VDR-Portal (www.vdr-portal.de).
>
> Originally I intended to release version 2.0 of VDR at the 10th
> anniversary, but as ever so often, I ran out of time. But I'm still
> on it - stability comes before deadlines ;-)
>
> I hope you don't think I'm blowing my own horn here, I just didn't
> want the date to pass by without a remark...
>
> Klaus

It was a kind of a revelation to come upon VDR years ago, when I first
met this great piece of software. It revealed that the change from
analog to digital TV was not just for the worse, but in many ways for
the better as well. So thank you Klaus for your great work (not
forgetting others contributing) for letting as enjoy the best digital TV
software there is. And bringing about a hobby that has consumed more
hours than I care to count... And I don't mean the time spent watching TV :)

-Petri