[vdr] 10 Year Anniversary of VDR

Niels Wagenaar n.wagenaar at xs4all.nl
Tue Feb 23 10:54:31 CET 2010

Congratulations VDR, Klaus and every person who contributed to VDR in
any way possible!

I can honestly say that about 2 years ago I didn't use VDR, because I
thought it required a Full DVB card. But since I wanted to watch HDTV,
I decided to gamble and buy a HTPC instead. So that I could be more
flexible, it was cheaper then a dedicated HDTV receiver (which in
total costed me more then I anticipated, but hobby costs money anyway)
and it was more future proof. In the beginning I started using some
awkward Windows applications (MCE, Media portal, DVB Viewer Pro) and
Myth TV, but it wasn't quite what I wanted and I was planning to sell
my HTPC. Then I discovered that I could use VDR in combination with a
softdevice-plugin, I've never gone back to other options. Ok, I still
test some new hard- and software but still I keep coming back to VDR.
And yes, that's a major compliment :).

Regards,

Niels Wagenaar