[vdr] scan-s2 and dvb-apps

Manu Abraham abraham.manu at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 14:31:33 CET 2010

Hi Abbe,

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 4:30 PM, abbe normal <1abenormal at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi manu
>
> why would there have to be 2 scan packages couldnt there be one that
> does the same for both types of devices... i would think dvb scan
> should be able to do anything dvb not just s2 or s or is it asking to
> much from it...
>
> abbe

scan does scan of dvb channels as you are aware of.

scan-s2 original commit seems to be a derivative of scan, though it is
not incremental nor based on patches, but a dump of files instead.

This is the part that gave me headaches on how to get scan-s2 merged into scan.
I can't simply replace scan with scan-s2, because scan is even better
maintained.

The other case would be that both scan and scan-s2 would coexist,
being the last thing that I would do.

Regards,
Manu