[vdr] remote femon (was OT: Applications for the living room)

Frank Schmirler vdr at schmirler.de
Sun Feb 28 15:59:55 CET 2010

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 10:50:06 +0200, Theunis Potgieter wrote
> The only annoying "bug" that I found was, that if I ran femon
> on the client, it would stop the server's current replay of a recording.
> I guess that is the fault of vdr-femon?

Currently femon provides signal information for VDRs "ActualDevice" only, i.e.
the device which receives the DVB stream for output on the local primary
device. So if a client wants to get signal information for its current
channel, it has to tune the same channel on the server. And tuning a channel
via SVDRP stops replaying recordings.

Regards,
Frank