[vdr] implementing channel plug-in

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at tvdr.de
Mon Jan 4 15:40:35 CET 2010

On 04.01.2010 14:37, Theunis Potgieter wrote:
> I was in search for a plug-in that could map alternative long names to
> the supposedly current long name of a channel. I guess I didn't search
> hard and long enough, but could not find one that would implement this
> behaviour. The idea is, that when ever a channel list is called, it
> will provide the alternative long name, but saves the original long
> name in channels.conf.
>
> So I thought of implementing one my self. After reading the
> PLUGINS.html from VDR-1.7.10, I thought it would be possible. I didn't
> see any spoon feeding when it came to channels in the documentation,
> so I thought I will have a look at channels.h and there seems to be a
> member function called Name() in the tChannelID class. Would it be
> wise then to copy the tChannelID class and replace the member function
> Name()?

tChannelID has no member function named Name().
Maybe you mean the cChannel class?
I guess if you change the implementation of cChannel::Name(), then you
could do what you want.

> Which global pointer will I have to deleted and assign to the new object?

I don't understand this question.
There is no "new object".
You will have to patch the VDR source to implement this.

Klaus