[vdr] [OT] mini-PCIE with Broadcom Crystal HD Hardware Decoder (BCM970012) for HD playback with free drivers

Alex Betis alex.betis at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 19:28:14 CET 2010

As far as I understand Intel presented their new chips on CES show
called Arrandale
and Clarkdale.
Both has integrated graphics accelerator and other things. Those will be
based on i7, i5 and i3 cores.
In addition to Atom based "pineview" chips that also include graphics
accelerator.

So now we have new options in case Atom will not provide enough juice.

Lets hope they will also release Linux drivers for those chips.