[vdr] xine vdpau not working?

Simon Baxter linuxtv at nzbaxters.com
Sat Jan 9 02:58:49 CET 2010

> SB said:
> OK, so I installed the headers and everything compiles and looks OK.  But

> main: probing <vdpau> video output plugin
> vo_vdpau: Can't create vdp device : No vdpau implementation.
> load_plugins: plugin vdpau_mpeg12 failed to instantiate itself.
> main: video driver <vdpau> failed

I've moved to my production box and vdpau works there - looks like my
development box video card won't support.

So xine-1.6.0, vdr-xine-0.9.3 and vdpau works - which is a move forward.

But VDR doesn't work as well as under xv.  It's slower changing channels and
watching (SD) recordings freezes things for a few seconds.  Also, the
quality is actually worse - during "action scenes" objects seem to be a bit
jerky and have "lines" momentarily.  Only advantage, under vdpau the cpu
sits at about 40%, where under xv it sits 50-70%.

Any thoughts?