[vdr] xine vdpau not working?

Jukka Tastula poltsy at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 11:36:55 CET 2010

On Sunday 10 January 2010 11:31:08 Steffen Barszus wrote:
> Am 10.01.2010 09:52, schrieb Jiri Dobry:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Switch off composing is not needed on latest drivers (it was bug, but
> > it is fixed)
>
> Any reference (Link?) to read on this ?

Probably referring to the stalling issue fixed in 195.22, change log entry

"Fixed a periodic temporary hang in the VDPAU blit-based presentation queue."

See thread at http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=131201&page=4

This however was an issue on G96 only and completely different bug (stall
every few minutes <=> constantly horrible frame rate and tearing). Disabling
composite is still absolutely necessary with the latest driver for proper
frame rates on at least the C77 GF8200 I'm using.