[vdr] VDR with DD5.1 output over xineliboutput possible

Matthias Fechner idefix at fechner.net
Sun Jan 10 18:36:42 CET 2010

I was now successfully to vdr 1.7.10 with xineliboutput and vdpau
support running.
Output is via HDMI from my atom board.

But I'm not able to get DD5.1 output over HDMI running.

Maybe someone can give a hint what is wrong or missing.

Here is an extract what I did to get xinelibout running:
Make sure you have a current gcc on the system, I used gcc-4.3.4.

gcc-config -l
gcc-config 2
source /etc/profile

I use the following versions:

nvidia 190.53 (install with sh
kernel 2.6.32-gentoo-r1
vdr 1.7.10

Required libs:

emerge -av media-video/vcdimager
emerge -av media-sound/musepack-tools

Make sure you do not have any xine or xine-lib installed, search with
the command and decide to delete necessary files:

cd /usr
find . -name "*xine*"

Download the following files: xine-lib from hg repository

cd /usr/local/src
hg pull http://hg.debian.org/hg/xine-lib/xine-lib-1.2-vdpau

Compile xine-lib:

cd /usr/local/src/xine-lib-1.2-vdpau
./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr
make install

Compile Plugin for VDR:

cvs -z3
-d:pserver:anonymous at xineliboutput.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/xineliboutput
co vdr-xineliboutput

Copy the checkout to you vdr/PLUGINS/src folder and compile it with make

Copy to your /etc/vdr/setup.conf:

xineliboutput.Frontend =
xineliboutput.OSD.AlphaCorrection = 0
xineliboutput.OSD.AlphaCorrectionAbs = 0
xineliboutput.OSD.Downscale = 1
xineliboutput.OSD.HideMainMenu = 0
xineliboutput.OSD.Prescale = 1
xineliboutput.OSD.UnscaledAlways = 0
xineliboutput.OSD.UnscaledLowRes = 0
xineliboutput.OSD.UnscaledOpaque = 0
xineliboutput.Remote.UseBroadcast = 0
xineliboutput.Remote.UsePipe = 0
xineliboutput.Remote.UseRtp = 0
xineliboutput.Remote.UseTcp = 1
xineliboutput.Remote.UseUdp = 1
xineliboutput.RemoteMode = 1

To test everything, start the X server with:

Start VDR with

Start the display with

/usr/local/bin/vdr-sxfe --post
tvtime:method=Linear,cheap_mode=1,pulldown=0,use_progressive_frame_flag=1 --fullscreen
--reconnect xvdr+tcp:// --video=vdpau

You should see know a picture on your display.

To start everything automatically copy the vdr-sxfe line into a file
/usr/local/bin/start-vdr-sxfe and make it executable.
Change /etc/inittab and add the line: