[vdr] really no idea? Re: xineliboutput - audiotracck switching problems

Halim Sahin halim.sahin at t-online.de
Fri Jan 15 11:51:46 CET 2010

Hi Paul,
On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 07:57:37AM +0100, Paul Menzel wrote:
> Dear Halim,
>

> Am Freitag, den 15.01.2010, 02:32 +0100 schrieb Halim Sahin:
> > On Mo, Dez 14, 2009 at 01:30:44 +0100, Halim Sahin wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I can confirm this behaviour.
> > > Switching audio produces dropouts and some other problems.
> > > I am using xineliboutput from cvs and stable xinelib!
> > > vdr-sxfe --video=xv --audio=pulseaudio -R xvdr+udp://127.0.0.1
> > >
> > > Any ideas?
> >
> > any ideas how to solve the dropouts when switching the audio tracks in
> > vdr using xineliboutput?
>
> 1. I have no idea. But to nail this problem down, did you see anything
> in the respective log files (syslog, pulseaudio)? Try to increase the
> debug level.

I am not using pulseaudio for my vdr machine.

> 2. Does top show anything weird?

No,

> 3. If not, did you try with a different “sound server” in `--audio`?

No because I want to use xineliboutput's alsa driver :-).

> 4. Since when have you noticed this problem?

Only when I switch the audio tracks in vdr.
Audio is working correct when I don't switch tracks.

> 5. What distribution do you run? What versions exactly?

Opensuse 11.2

> 6. Does this happen also when playing non-VDR stuff?

I don't know because i don't have an other app which can switch audio
tracks on the fly.

The audiosystem works well the problems only occour when switching audio
in vdr.
BR.
Halim