[vdr] new support

Rolf Ahrenberg rahrenbe at cc.hut.fi
Thu Jan 21 11:20:14 CET 2010

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010, Nicolas Huillard wrote:

> For those who don't spare some time digging on the website:
> * this is an Ethernet device: antenna in (single, dual), ethernet out
> * no storage inside the box
> * they provide an LGPL library "libhdhomerun": include hdhomerun.h
> and/or hdhomerun_device.h to use the top level API

I'd make another 'pseudo' DVB input device plugin for this based on the
current IPTV plugin. A quick look at the API reveals that you could
dynamically add necessary number of provided tuners as done in IPTV
plugin. You could also implement a channel scan functionality as done in
IPTV plugin. I quess its' UDP/RTP transport is already compatible with
the one implemented in IPTV plugin. The only requirement from core VDR
would be the pluginparam patch (or similar) functionality.

BR,
--
rofa