[vdr] PCR pid

Petri Hintukainen phintuka at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jan 24 18:37:26 CET 2010

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> I was under the impression that the WMP was one of those players
> that have problems if there is no PCR, but apparently it plays just fine...

When I used vlc with streamdev (few years ago), vlc refused to play http
streams without PCR. But I don't know if recent versions still require

There is one case where PCR would be useful. When recording is streamed
over udp/rtp, one needs to re-generate the original transmission rate.
The easiest way to do this is to sync PCR to local clock.

- Petri