[vdr] VDR plugin options

Adrian C. anrxc at sysphere.org
Mon Jan 25 00:19:30 CET 2010

Hello,
in this example of starting VDR in a script some options are passed to
the softdevice plugin:

$vdrbin -L $vdrlib -Pfemon -P"softdevice -vo xv:full -ao alsa:mixer:pcm=default"

Now I want a variable or array at the top of the script so I could
easily add, remove and comment plugins... rewriting the above example:

vdrplug=(-Pfemon
          -P"softdevice -vo xv:full -ao alsa:mixer:pcm=default"
)
$vdrbin -L $vdrlib ${vdrplug[@]}

I have tried numerous ways of quoting and escaping the softdevice line
but I always get one of:

1. VDR tries to start a plugin called: "softdevice
2. VDR interprets -v in -vo as VDR video directory option and fails
    because there is no directory "o"

Can anyone help me with writing this? I use vdr 1.6.0, thanks,

--
Adrian C. (anrxc) | anrxc..sysphere.org | PGP ID: D20A0618
PGP FP: 02A5 628A D8EE 2A93 996E  929F D5CB 31B7 D20A 0618