[vdr] streamdev for xbmc testing-pvr2 (Stuart Morris)

Stuart Morris stuart_morris at talk21.com
Mon Jan 25 14:31:30 CET 2010

--- On Mon, 25/1/10, serge pecher <spe at sdmonv.com> wrote:

> From: serge pecher <spe at sdmonv.com>
> Subject: Re: [vdr] streamdev for xbmc testing-pvr2 (Stuart Morris)
> To: vdr at linuxtv.org
> Date: Monday, 25 January, 2010, 11:21
>
> >BTW
> >My setup with XBMC is now:
>
> >XBMC svn checkout
> >http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xbmc/branches/pvr-testing2
>
> >VDR 1.7.11 (unpatched!)
>
> >cvs streamdev with all patches applied from
> pvr-testing2/pvr-addons/streamdev/patches
> >directory.
>
> >Stuart
>
> Hello,
>
> Is that working well ? I am using the vdr-team +
> henningpingel repo, but still have freezing problems
> (xbmc goes to +/- 100% cpu) when changing channels in
> about 30% of the cases.
>
> Could you tell me where
> to find the patches for streamdev. I can find some in the
> patches directory of the streamdev plugin,
> but where can I find the other ones.
>
> thanks,
>
> sp

My installation is quite stable and I never get high cpu usage with VDPAU.
I have built both vdr-1.7.11 and XBMC (svn 27163) from source so I cannot
comment on the repo you refer to. I recommend you build XBMC from source.
Presuming you have built XBMC with logging enabled (default), make sure
you also enable logging in the setup dialog and check file xbmc.log for
clues:
/home/<username>/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log

Here is my setup in a little more detail, assuming you already have a
fully operational installation of vdr 1.7.11.

Download pvr-testing2 from svn:
svn checkout http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xbmc/branches/pvr-testing2

Download vdr plugin streamdev cvs:
cvs -d:pserver:anoncvs at vdr-developer.org:/var/cvsroot login
cvs -d:pserver:anoncvs at vdr-developer.org:/var/cvsroot co streamdev

Find the patches in xbmc pvr-testing2:
pvr-testing2/xbmc/pvrclients/vdr-streamdev/patches

Apply the patches to streamdev. Patch gives me lots of line offsets
but no errors.
'make plugins' in the vdr directory.

Build XBMC
XBMC has a very high level of dependency but the configure script is helpful
and will tell you if a dependency is missing.
./bootstrap
./configure
(fix anything reported missing and check the feature report on completion
of the script)
make

run xbmc without installation:
./xbmc.bin -l pathtoyourlircnode