[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] vdr-webvideo 0.2.0 - little patch to makefile of libwebvi

Lucian Muresan lucianm at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jan 26 15:15:31 CET 2010

On 26.01.2010 14:33, Rene wrote:
> Lucian Muresan wrote:
>
>> Btw, I wrote 3 ebuilds for this plugin (media-video/rtmptdump-yle,
>> media-video/webvi and media-plugins/vdr-webvi) and already sent them to
>> Joerg from the Gentoo vdr team...
>
> Hi Lucian!
>
> Do you happen to have these ebuilds somewhere to download, cause i can't
> wait to test them :-)

Here you go!

Just put them in the right categories as mentioned above, and don't
forget  to place the confd to the plugin's ${FILESDIR} and the makefile
patch to that of the webvi library ${FILESDIR} before generating the
manifests...

Of course, these are just quick shots, who knows, maybe dependencies are
still not correct, but as of version 0.2.1 they work in my vdr-1.7.11.

I also have some other feedback to the author:

How could other sites like http://plus7.arte.tv or the "Mediathek" of
ZDF or 3sat be added to the templates?

Is it possible to to implement that the plugin's OSD "remembers" where
it was left when last accessed in the current VDR "session"? It's a bit
tedious to navigate through all menus again and again.

If a search did not give the desired results, it would be useful if a
new attempt would still hold the old search keywords to be able to
slightly modify them instead of "typing" them again.

Otherwise, really nice and interesting plugin which actually works with
youtube, unlike the ones I've tried with XBMC where they crash all the
time...
BTW, how does it handle multiple quality versions of youtube videos,
does it pick "HD" or "HQ" by itself?

Cheers,
Lucian