[vdr] VDR plugin options

VDR User user.vdr at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 19:23:13 CET 2010

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 3:07 AM, Udo Richter <udo_richter at gmx.de> wrote:
> The correct way to place every array element as one parameter, without
> doing any additional whitespace separation, is this:
>
> "$vdrbin" -L "$vdrlib" "${vdrplug[@]}"
>
> In contrast, "${vdrplug[*]}" merges all to one parameter, ${vdrplug[@]}
> does another whitespace separation run.
>

> runvdr extreme also uses a bash array for building the command line.

What makes that "correct"?  Just sounds like a different (and more
complicated, ..I guess) way to accomplish the same end result, but no
more "correct" then using double/single quotes.

I'm no bash expert but STRING="$STRING -P'asdf arg'" works equally as
well as ARRAY=( "${ARRAY[@]}" <new item> ) in my experience.  What am
I missing?