[vdr] vdr-1.7.11 (+ vdr-xine) segfaults

Jouni Karvo Jouni.Karvo at iki.fi
Sat Jan 30 21:27:27 CET 2010

hi,

Reinhard Nissl kirjoitti:
> Please report the logged error message.

Actually, your patch immediately segfaulted.

But I can see some problem:  The include files from the distro tell me:

kex at vdr:/usr/include$ grep __NR_gettid */*
asm/unistd_32.h:#define __NR_gettid        224
asm/unistd_64.h:#define __NR_gettid                186
asm/unistd_64.h:__SYSCALL(__NR_gettid, sys_gettid)
bits/syscall.h:#define SYS_gettid __NR_gettid

but the kernel includes tell:

kex at vdr:/usr/src/linux/include$ grep __NR_gettid */*
asm-generic/unistd.h:#define __NR_gettid 178
asm-generic/unistd.h:__SYSCALL(__NR_gettid, sys_gettid)

So it seems the syscall numbers have changed at some point. I am afraid
if the libc is now broken due to this. This has not happened to me
before, so I don't actually know what would be the good thing to do.
But forcing the syscall number to 178 does not actually fix the thread
numbers in the log file.

yours,
       Jouni