[vdr] Alternate-Channel-Patch

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jul 31 19:31:10 CEST 2010

Dear Rainer,

Am Freitag, den 30.07.2010, 21:48 +0200 schrieb Rainer Blickle:

> there was the alternate channel patch
> (http://www.vdr-wiki.de/wiki/index.php/Alternative_channel-patch).
> This patch provides alternative channels for timers, if the programmed
> channel was not available. Is there any patch providing this
> functionality for live-tv, too ?

sorry, I do not know.

> If not, i would like to develop such a functionality. Does anybody
> knows why the patch doesn't get integrated ?

Klaus decides what goes into VDR. I do not know if he knows about the
patch or if it was sent to this list.

> Is such a functionality unwanted ?

I recommend, that you send this patch to this list to get it reviewed. I
guess Klaus will comment on it if he has time.

> What is the workflow to parcipiate in developing the vdr ?

As far as I know, you create a patch and you send it to this list or to
Klaus directly.

Thanks,

Paul