[vdr] Insufficient hardware PID filters on tuner (Klaus Schmidinger)

Jukka Tastula poltsy at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 06:17:33 CEST 2010

On Monday 07 June 2010 00:19:45 Richard F wrote:
> Are you aware of anywhere the PID capacity of receivers is published -
> it's not in http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-T_USB_Devices for
> example?
> - it would be good to publish, so buyers can select better hardware

Since full speed usb devices have a 12Mbps bandwidth limit (on paper anyway, a
bit optimistic for real usable data throughput) I'm not exactly convinced it
really matters if you could get more pids out of it. You might (sometimes) get
away with recording 3 channels on that but I certainly wouldn't count on it.

If you get a high speed device it probably doesn't have a forced filter to
begin with.