[vdr] Dual DVB-S2 Tuner cards

Andre vdr at dinkum.org.uk
Tue Jun 8 14:29:43 CEST 2010

On 29 Sep 2009, at 13:33, Theunis Potgieter wrote:

> On 29/09/2009, Thomas Netousek <tkn at netousek.com> wrote:
>> I like the Tevii PCIe card.
>> It has a single DVB-S2 receiver with decent sensitivity, is low profile,
>> easy to set-up and multiple cards work in one system.
>> Thomas
> Thanks, I'm in search of a twin/dual tuner dvb-s2 type card.

I have a Satix S2 card which is a dual DVBS2 card, this one in the Linux V4L wiki:

From here:

There has been some work on the driver recently by Devin from kernellabs, Devin was saying to me that the driver was pretty awful, it's better now but I don't know how much better!

Despite this I have found it to work better than my HVR-4000 and HD-S2 even before the recent driver fixes, I've used it with TV Headend and MythTV very successfully but not tried VDR yet.

I don't know about sensitivity as I have a very strong feed from a communal antenna system.