[vdr] Live TV problem with 1.7.15

Dave P vdr at pickles.me.uk
Wed Jun 9 20:13:12 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 08 Jun 2010, VDR User wrote:
> I'm not sure what FE_CAN_QAM_AUTO is supposed to represent exactly so
> the problem may not be in VDR, but rather your cards driver not
> accurately reporting it's capabilities.  In which case, the driver
> needs to be fixed of course.

The card is a Twinhan DST DVB-T using the bttv driver. I'm not an expert at
reading kernel source, but in drivers/media/dvb/bt8xx/dst.c it does seem
that FE_CAN_QAM_AUTO is unconditionally set. The card documentation
doesn't specify whether the device can in fact handle all possible QAM
settings.

Dave