[vdr] Xine - VDpau config help

Jouni Karvo Jouni.Karvo at iki.fi
Tue Jun 15 22:29:17 CEST 2010

On 15.06.2010 11:20, István Füley wrote:
> Glad to hear, that you managed to fix it. I don't think that the
> broadcaster will care about it :(
> How the GT220 is working with vdpau? Is the temporal_spatial
> deinterlacing working without freezes or dropped frames?
> I'm thinking about buying a similar card, at the moment I'm using a
> Geforce 8xxx onboard series, and it is not capable of temporal_spatial
> at full HD resolution.
> Or maybe I should wait for the TT FF DVB-S2...

It is working fine.  It seems it reports using temporal-spatial when
deinterlacing SD (I have X configured to 1080p) and temporal (even if
the config option asks for temporal-spatial) for HD.  Seems to work
nicely, and smoothly.  Every (perhaps) 10-15 min there is some short
problem, when it seems to get "stuck" to a point, repeating a second of
video a few times, then continuing normally.  But that could be a
problem with xine (or some other option in xine config), too.

I have a passively cooled version of the card.

yours,
         Jouni