[vdr] Vdr 1.7.15 and vdradmin

Teemu Rantanen tvr at iki.fi
Sat Jun 19 19:44:59 CEST 2010

Hi,

there is a bug in epgsearch which leaks file descriptors if epgsearch cannot
connect to the SVDRP port. Everything works well for a while until all file
descriptor slots are in use and process cannot open any file anymore. Then
VDR will either stop showing live TV, stop recording, crash or do something
else weird. Or any combination of the following. I lost couple of recordings
because of this bug, as I wasn't careful enough to check what was changed
between 1.7.14 and 1.7.15...

The fix can be found from the following patch:

http://tvr.dy.fi/vdr/epgsearch-0.9.25-beta16-leakingfiledescriptors.diff

Hoping to see the fix in 0.9.25-beta17 :-)

Teemu