[vdr] Vdr 1.7.15 and vdradmin

Christian Wieninger cwieninger at gmx.de
Sun Jun 20 09:30:26 CEST 2010

Hi,

Am 19.06.2010 19:44, schrieb Teemu Rantanen:
> Hi,
>
> there is a bug in epgsearch which leaks file descriptors if epgsearch
> cannot connect to the SVDRP port. Everything works well for a while
> until all file descriptor slots are in use and process cannot open any
> file anymore. Then VDR will either stop showing live TV, stop
> recording, crash or do something else weird. Or any combination of the
> following. I lost couple of recordings because of this bug, as I
> wasn't careful enough to check what was changed between 1.7.14 and
> 1.7.15...

sorry about that. For those using the newest vdr version, I would always
recommend to use epgsearch's git too. The git version already had the
new default port depending on vdr's api version.

> The fix can be found from the following patch:
>
> http://tvr.dy.fi/vdr/epgsearch-0.9.25-beta16-leakingfiledescriptors.diff
>
> Hoping to see the fix in 0.9.25-beta17 :-)

Thanks for the patch. It's now part of the git:

http://projects.vdr-developer.org/git/?p=vdr-plugin-epgsearch.git

and here we go with a new beta:

http://winni.vdr-developer.org/epgsearch/downloads/beta/vdr-epgsearch-0.9.25.beta17.tgz

Best regards,