[vdr] vdradmin-am-3.6.7 missing .cache

Andreas Mair andreas at vdr-developer.org
Tue Jun 22 14:18:01 CEST 2010

Hi Timothy,

It never has been included in the VDRAdmin-AM archives. Previous
releases created that directory if it was missing. But then many users
had problems that they ran vdradmind.pl as "root" user and afterwards
as a limited user that didn't have enough permissions to store files
in the cache directory.

Now vdradmind.pl requires that the system administrator or
distribution packager creates that directory with the correct
permissions.

Best regards,
Andreas

2010/6/21 Timothy D. Lenz <tlenz at vorgon.com>:
> IN past versions it was a sub folder of vdradmin. So where is it suposed to be/come from now?
> It's not a permissions problem, it's not there with current .bz2 which came from
> http://andreas.vdr-developer.org/vdradmin-am/download.html
> I ran ./vdradmind --config.
>
> I copied the folder over from the older version I had to get it running.
>
> On 6/21/2010 12:38 AM, Andreas Mair wrote:
>>
>> Hello Timothy,
>>
>> that's true and has already been discussed on this list.
>> It's up to you or your distribution packager to create the folder with
>> correct permissions.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Andreas
>>
>> 2010/6/21 Timothy D. Lenz<tlenz at vorgon.com>:
>>>
>>> I just got this version and when tried to start it I get:
>>>
>>> ERROR: directory './cache' is missing!
>>>
>>> The sub folder is missing from vdradmin-am-3.6.7.tar.bz2

http://andreas.vdr-developer.org --- VDRAdmin-AM & EnigmaNG & VDRSymbols
VDR user #303