[vdr] Request for rotor integration to vdr

VDR User user.vdr at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 01:02:16 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 2:04 PM, Timothy D. Lenz <tlenz at vorgon.com> wrote:
> The rotor plugin doesn't seem to be maintained anymore and was always
> somewhat of a hack to vdr. Seems to me rotor control should really be a part
> of vdr diseqc control code. Just about every sat box out there includes
> rotor control function.

I've seen numerous people make the same request and although I don't
use a rotor myself, I do agree support for it should be included in
vanilla VDR as it's a basic common function & equipment.  I'll guess
that if enough people reply to this thread that Klaus may add it to
his TODO list (assuming it isn't there already).

> I would also like to see it be able to handle a rotor per card. Not much
> point in having several sat tuners if they all have to look at the same sat.

I'm sure if Klaus decides to implement this, he'll do it in such a way
that makes the most sense & flexibile usability to maximize the
benefit of adding it.  No point in adding more functionality if you
leave it crippled. :)

Cheers