L. Hanisch dvb at flensrocker.de
Wed Mar 3 19:47:03 CET 2010

Hi,

Am 28.02.2010 16:07, schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
> - Plugins can now define new sources. In order to implement this, the following
>    changes were made:
>    + The transponder parameter string is no longer interpreted by cChannel, but rather
>      stored as is and used only by the respective device. That way plugins can use a
>      channel's parameter string to store arbitrary data (see vdr.5).
>    + The new class cSourceParam can be used by plugins to define new sources, and to
>      implement OSD items that will be used in the channel editor for editing the source
>      specific parameters of a channel (see dvbdevice.c for an example of how this is
>      done for the default DVB devices).
>    + Purely numerical values are no longer accepted in the 'source' parameter of a
>      channel.
>    This obsoletes the PLUGINPARAM patch.

  Is it right, that the sources have to be unique across the different plugins, at least at one installation? Where can
I "register" for an "official" source-character? Who would document the assigned sources and where?
  'C', 'S' and 'T' are used by dvbdevice, 'P' was used by the plugin-param-patch. Since it was used for e.g. iptv and
pvrinput, I guess these plugins shall use different ones now, since they have different syntax?

  On my first thought I considered to take 'A' for 'analog', but since there is something like "ATSC" (and I know
nothing about it, if it's supported by vdr or is covered by dvbdevice or whatever), perhaps I should use another one?
  So I think it would be better to take *'V' = 'analog video'*, since pvrinput is basically an interface to v4l-devices.

  What are you thinking?

Lars.