[vdr] merging correctly several .ts files to a single ts file or better mkv

Eric Valette eric.valette at free.fr
Sun Mar 28 18:12:32 CEST 2010

On 28/03/2010 17:45, Eric Valette wrote:
> On 28/03/2010 17:23, Lars Bläser wrote:

> Granted. However, merging with cat *.ts > complete.ts + trying a single
> pass mkv conversion fails miserably (allhough I have very up to date
> ffmpeg version).
>
> See fourth message in this threads ffmpeg complain with non monotone
> timestamps and simply hang the computer.

I just tryed remuxing the .ts (and removing unneeded languages and
subtitles) file to another .ts before converting to matroska and it works!

cat 00001.ts  00002.ts > merged.ts
ffmpeg -y -ss 00:01:06 -map 0.0 -map 0.1 -i merged.ts -vcodec copy
-sameq -acodec copy simplified1.ts
ffmpeg -y -i simplified1.ts  -vcodec copy -sameq -acodec copy -async 2
-f matroska 1.mkv

Much simpler indeed and no risk to have a small glitch in the meddle of
the cut.

Grreee. I will need another night to redo better .mkv.

-- eric