[vdr] UK users - multiple BBC One/Two/News in channels list

Alasdair Campbell alcoheca at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 21:31:39 CET 2010

Hi,

Been a while since I've used VDR. Have it setup after scanning using
the scan program, however something is strange.

There are multiple versions of some channels, such as BBC
One/Two/News, Channel 4 etc. Some of these either have video and no
EPG, have video and EPG, or have EPG and no video... Obviously what
I'm looking for is the video & the EPG - this works for BBC One, but
when I tune to the BBC Two which has the EPG visible, I receive no
signal found message.

If any UK users have a cluestick on how to fix this, please let me know.

It seems like VDR is updating the channels.conf but not merging the
information, because a fresh scan using dvbutils does not show
multiple versions for the same channel.

Any help appreciated..