[vdr] UK users - multiple BBC One/Two/News in channels list

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Wed Nov 3 21:48:36 CET 2010

Al 03/11/10 21:31, En/na Alasdair Campbell ha escrit:
> Hi,
>
> Been a while since I've used VDR. Have it setup after scanning using
> the scan program, however something is strange.
>
> There are multiple versions of some channels, such as BBC
> One/Two/News, Channel 4 etc. Some of these either have video and no
> EPG, have video and EPG, or have EPG and no video... Obviously what
> I'm looking for is the video&  the EPG - this works for BBC One, but
> when I tune to the BBC Two which has the EPG visible, I receive no
> signal found message.

Terrestrial or satellite?
I'm not really sure, but the issue should be the same in both cases: the
service id should be sufficient to identify a channel, regardless of the
transponder, but since some broadcasters reuse the same id in more than
one transponder, vdr uses both the transponder and the service id to
differentiate channels.
The result is that when a channel changes transponder (like the uk
channels recently did), vdr would probably find a new channel instead of
replacing the tuning data of the existing one.

> If any UK users have a cluestick on how to fix this, please let me know.

Well, I think there should be a better way, but the only current option
is to let vdr update all channels and manually delete the old, non
working ones.

Bye
--
Luca