[vdr] xine-lib and vaapi support

Theunis Potgieter theunis.potgieter at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 13:50:20 CET 2010

On 8 November 2010 13:59, lucian orasanu <o_lucian at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> how about moving to mplayer instead of xine-lib, is not maintained very well any more?
My personal experience with mplayer is that it lacks proper aspect
ratio detection or guessing based on source that does not contain the
correct info. xine-lib seems to handle this much better. Also
automatic cropping is a nice feature that works quite well in the
vdr-xineliboutput plugin (even with vdpau). Most people doesn't seem
to mind that the output is stretched or squeezed incorrectly, but I
do. I prefer it that a circle appears to be that and not in the
elliptical form.