[vdr] xine-lib and vaapi support

Niko Mikkilä nm at phnet.fi
Mon Nov 8 15:44:38 CET 2010

On 2010-11-08 at 12:54 +0200, Theunis Potgieter wrote:
> On 6 November 2010 14:14, Udo Richter <udo_richter at gmx.de> wrote:
> > AMD also supports vaapi, but progress is very slow, and its still very
> > buggy. Also, its limited to closed source drivers.
>
> Sounds similar to what nvidia went through.

AMD's progress has been snail-paced. I think they have actually gone
backwards for at least a year now. Most (All?) of the XvBA interfacing
work has been done by Gwenole Beauchesne, who is working for a third
party.

Nvidia's VDPAU is at least supported and it works rather well compared
to every other similar attempt on Linux so far.

--
Niko