[vdr] UK users - multiple BBC One/Two/News in channels list

Tony Houghton h at realh.co.uk
Tue Nov 9 14:39:51 CET 2010

On 09/11/10 12:27, Dominic Evans wrote:
> On 4 November 2010 12:59, Tony Houghton<h at realh.co.uk>  wrote:
>> I've written my own scanningtool, which handles Freesat LCNs too, which
>> are supplied in the BAT instead of the NIT. This needs a bit of kludging
>> because I don't understand how the regions are handled by STBs so I have
>> to use manual overrides ("BBC 1 South" = 101 etc) and a bit of
>> shuffling. Then I've got another script which combines my Freesat and
>> Freeview listings, making sure the LCNs don't clash. It also merges the
>> new data with an existing channels.conf so it can deal with channels
>> like BBC THREE/FOUR time sharing with CBeebies/CBBC etc. Really VDR
>> shouldn't scan and store PIDs, but get them when tuning.
>
> Any chance you could put the source to this scanning tool on github or
> something similar for others to play with?

It's part of boxstard which is available by git from
<git://boxstar.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/boxstar/boxstard>. You'll
need scons and headers etc for libsqlite3 (the tool you need is a spin-
off from a bigger project) and glib to compile it. Then look at the scan
tool in the tools subdirectory (scan --help).

Is anyone interested in the other script I mentioned to merge Freeview
and Freesat channels files?