[vdr] EPGSearch doesn't avoid repeats anymore?

Dominic Evans oldmanuk at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 11:21:31 CET 2010

On 10/11/10 10:09, Teemu Suikki wrote:
> 2010/11/10 Dominic Evans<oldmanuk at gmail.com>:
>> On 10/11/10 09:09, Teemu Suikki wrote:
>>>
>>> Why doesn't it match? The descriptions are 100% identical.
>>>

>> Check your search timer's configuration for comparing 'sub-title' when
>> avoiding repeats. Compare subtitle should be set to either 'No' or 'If
>> present', otherwise the comparison will also return false if your EPG
>> doesn't contain a subtitle for the entry.
>
> Hey, that was it! Thanks a bunch. :)

No problem :-)

Tbh I'm not sure why the 'Yes' option is available as a choice. Why
would you ever want to go through this logic path?

// pseudo code, compare 'this' recording to 'other' recording for
equality when searchtimer 'compare sub-title' option is set to 'yes'
boolean equals(Recording other) {
   if (this.subtitle == null || other.subtitle == null) {
     return false;
   }

}