[vdr] VDR 1.7.16 - emergency exit on recording HD shows

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Sun Nov 14 15:15:43 CET 2010

Am 14.11.2010 12:07, schrieb Luboš Doležel:
> Aside from that I don't understand why it terminates completely if it
> _thinks_ some bad data arrived. Data errors may happen at any time and
> it's not a valid reason for an emergency exit.

To clarify this: The emergency exit is triggered if and only if a
recording did not record any (not a single byte of) data within 30
seconds. I think this is a valid criteria for an emergency.

In your case, as Klaus already wrote, it may have something to do with
the fact that VDR wants to start the recording with an I-frame, and
probably can't find one.

Cheers,

Udo