[vdr] VDR 1.7.16 - emergency exit on recording HD shows

Eric Valette eric.valette at free.fr
Sun Nov 14 19:17:09 CET 2010

On 14/11/2010 19:05, Udo Richter wrote:
> Am 14.11.2010 18:21, schrieb Eric Valette:
>> I think I said clearly that the code looks correct and gave the pointer
>> to the specs for unconvinced people. Those wanting to read the full specs
>> <http://neuron2.net/library/mpeg2/iso13818-2.pdf>
>
> Page 72, Table 6-12, picture_coding_type:
> 000 forbidden
> 001 intra-coded (I)
> 010 predictive-coded (P)
> 011 bidirectionally-predictive-coded (B)
> 100 shall not be used
>      (dc intra-coded (D) in ISO/IEC11172-
>      2)
> 101 reserved
> 110 reserved
> 111 reserved

As listed in my first mail indeed.

> The patch changes the behavior of VDR to accept picture_coding_type=0
> and picture_coding_type=1 as I-Frame. picture_coding_type=0 is clearly
> specified as forbidden. Anything I've missed?

No. And *as Klaus* I dunno why this should be needed except if other
parts of the logics for finding an I-frame is not robust enough for
certain streams.

What really annoys me, is rather the duplication of identical bug
reports for various DVB type (DVB-S2, DVB-T), various adapter in various
countries when playing the stream is just fine.

For the record for myself in france, I can see gulli channels (a kid
channel) but fail to record it and m kids are just complaining when I
told them to go to sleep and that I will record it and it failed. Now I
have more difficulties to send them to sleep ;-)

-- eric