[vdr] VDR 1.7.16 - emergency exit on recording HD shows

Eric Valette eric.valette at free.fr
Tue Nov 16 07:52:10 CET 2010

On 15/11/2010 19:46, Udo Richter wrote:
> Am 14.11.2010 19:17, schrieb Eric Valette:
>> On 14/11/2010 19:05, Udo Richter wrote:
>>> The patch changes the behavior of VDR to accept picture_coding_type=0
>>> and picture_coding_type=1 as I-Frame. picture_coding_type=0 is clearly
>>> specified as forbidden. Anything I've missed?
>>
>> No. And *as Klaus* I dunno why this should be needed except if other
>> parts of the logics for finding an I-frame is not robust enough for
>> certain streams.
>>
>> What really annoys me, is rather the duplication of identical bug
>> reports for various DVB type (DVB-S2, DVB-T), various adapter in various
>> countries when playing the stream is just fine.
>
> So the next question is whether accepting picture_coding_type=0 as
> I-Frame is a proper fix. To be precise: Since VDR depends on knowledge
> of I-Frames, does picture_coding_type=0 guarantee that an I-Frame is
> starting? Does this hold for ALL TV streams ALL over the world, not just
> yours?

As mentioned its not juts mine and that's exactly what worries me: there
are too much reports from many countries and many channels. So unless
they all use the same buggy mpeg2ts encoder, it's the sign something is
wrong and I don't think a non valid value for picture type for things
broadcasted all over the world is likely given the number of DVB
recorder but maybe I'm wrong.

--eric