[vdr] Problem with VDR 1.7.15 and dxr3plugin 0.2.10

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Sat Oct 2 11:27:14 CEST 2010

Al 02/10/10 10:54, En/na Teemu Suikki ha escrit:
> Hi!
>
> I managed to fix 0.2.11 OSD.. It's quite simple, in file dxr3osd_subpicture.c
>
> *** 87,92 ****
>              if (Areas[i].bpp != 1&&
>                  Areas[i].bpp != 2&&
> !               Areas[i].bpp != 4&&
> !               Areas[i].bpp != 8)
>              {
>                  return oeBppNotSupported;
> --- 87,91 ----
>              if (Areas[i].bpp != 1&&
>                  Areas[i].bpp != 2&&
> !               Areas[i].bpp != 4)
>              {
>                  return oeBppNotSupported;
>
> ------------------
> So apparently "Areas" are not supported in 8bpp? I checked both git
> versions (master and buffer-and-sync-rewrite) and they also have 8bpp
> removed just like above.

Well, the osd doesn't even support 4bpp, especially when different areas
can have different palettes, but it tries to manage with a series of hacks.
Anyway my osd works with the unpatched version (i.e.:

               if (Areas[i].bpp != 1&&
                   Areas[i].bpp != 2&&
                   Areas[i].bpp != 4&&
                   Areas[i].bpp != 8)