[vdr] Unwatchable channels (vdr-xine, dxr3, vlc, mplayer)

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Mon Oct 4 22:21:27 CEST 2010

Al 04/10/10 21:41, En/na Reinhard Nissl ha escrit:
> Hi,
>
> Am 04.10.2010 21:07, schrieb Luca Olivetti:
>> Al 04/10/10 20:55, En/na Luca Olivetti ha escrit:
>>> Al 04/10/10 20:10, En/na Luca Olivetti ha escrit:

>>> FWIW, if I set the audio pid to 0, the video is perfect.
>>
>> With all output plugins (vdr-xine, dxr3 and streamdev, the latter only
>> if NOT streaming in TS, which pulls the audio anyway and breaks the
>> picture).
>
> Please have a look at
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=4C93BD03.80702%40gmx.de&forum_name=xine-devel
> and try changing buffer sizes. Just a guess.

I tried setting video buffers to 5000 and audio buffers to 500, but it
didn't change anything.
Unsurprising, since with the default settings I have no problem with HD
and these channels are SD and at a fairly low bitrate.
Besides, the same xine with the same configuration had no problem
playing the stream from dvbstream, and the fact that all output plugins
are doing the same points to a lower level problem.
The dxr3 plugin still uses pes video, so I first suspected cTsToPes, but
the recording test made me think of something else.

Bye
--
Luca