[vdr] Unwatchable channels (vdr-xine, dxr3, vlc, mplayer)

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Wed Oct 6 09:43:25 CEST 2010

En/na Newsy Paper ha escrit:
> which DVB card and which driver version do you use? I also had those problems with an old skystar 2. Nr of pid filters was too low and datarate of the stream was to high to transport it completely I was told.

The card is indeed a skystar 2, but these are fairly low bitrate
channels, and dvbstream has no problem with them (hence excluding an
issue with the card or the signal).
It's true that dvbstream is only streaming the audio and video pids,
while vdr is also using filters for eit/pmt/sdt, but I don't really
think that's a problem, otherwise I'd see it with other, more demanding,
channels, that actually work fine.
I have no problem with various hd channels and also have no problem
recording/watching several channels at once (on the same transponder),
so that also should exclude a problem with the available amount of pid
filters.

Bye
--
Luca