[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] vdr-actuator-1.2.0 plugin

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Sun Oct 10 14:09:39 CEST 2010

Al 10/10/10 14:06, En/na Goga777 ha escrit:

>>> does it mean, that with your plugin no need to use reelchannelscan plugin for creating/updating
>>> channels.conf ?
>>
>> Yes, but I could only test it with plain dvb-s, no dvb-s2.
>> Also, it doesn't to a blind scan, it needs a transponder.ini file for
>> each satellite that you want to scan.
>
> does the sources of scaner based on reelchanellscan plugin ?

No.
The original implementation was the work of Thomas Bergwinkl, which
adapted pat.c and sdt.c to give a faster result (pat.c and sdt.c aren't
intended as a fast channel scanner, just as a background scan of the
current transponder).
The reelchannelscan plugin was in turn based on this implementation.
Since I wasn't satisfied with the results, I completely rewrote the
scanner, using the approach of the scan utility but using the code in in
pat.c/sdt.c to add the channels to vdr channels list

> Why don't release the scaner as separete
> plugin ?

Well, because the functionality matches what I wanted to do with my
actuator: move the dish to hunt for a satellite, quickly check a
transponder to see if it's the correct one, then do a satellite or
transponder scan.
But since now it works even without an actuator, I don't see the reason
to write a separate plugin.
However the plugin is gpl, so anybody is free to take scanner.c and use
it to write another plugin.

Bye
--
Luca